What is the easiest way to record audio greetings?
There are several ways to make audio recordings for your Halloo
account. The easiest is to is to use the built-in microphone on your
computer or tablet. If your device doesn't have a microphone, you
can have Halloo call you in order to make the recording. Finally,
you can upload pre-recorded audio files from your computer to
To record a menu greeting for your auto-attendant:
- Navigate to the Settings → ext-00 Settings → Menus page
- Click on the name of the menu you would like to change to show the menu details.
- Click on the [⤒] (upload) button
to choose a method for making the recording.
- Choose the Record new message option to make the recording directly
on your computer or tablet using its built-in microphone. Click on the [STOP]
button when you have finished speaking. Then, click on the [UPLOAD] button
to save it.
- Click on the Call me to record message option to have Halloo
phone you to make the recording. Note that it will ring you at the location
you set on your forwarding menu:
- Choose the Upload audio file option if you have a pre-recorded audio
file on your computer that you wish to use.
To record your voicemail greeting or mailbox name:
- Navigate to the Settings → Voicemail page.
- Click on the [⤒] (upload) button next
to the item you want to record.
- Choose the Call me to record message option, which will
cause Halloo to call you at your current locaion.
- Answer your phone and follow the prompts to make the recording.
If you are an Administrator for the account, you may also
record audio for other users and extensions. To do this:
- Navigate to the user’s extension whose greeting you would like to change
- Click on the Settings (gear icon) modify the configuration of that extension
- Click on the Voicemail tab
- Choose a method for making your recording as described above.
- If you want Halloo to call you, make sure that your telephone is
ready to receive incoming calls. We suggest that you use a
“land-line” telephone, preferrably not cordless, to ensure
the highest quality audio.
- This feature will use standard Halloo plan minutes, so preparing your message
in a written script may be helpful.