Callers can have different experiences with your company depending on which number, or extension, they dial. The call routing (via the auto attendant) can vary depending on rules you set and the choices selected by the caller.
You might be wondering why this is important. The benefit is that these functions can provide a better experience for your customers. Examples of how you can use these features include:
- Having a direct inward dial line dedicated to serving VIP customers.
- Providing an option for callers wishing to hear menu options in a different language.
- Setting up an auto attendant that has all options in another language.
Taking the time to customize your auto attendant is important for many reasons.
- It reassures callers that they’ve reached the right company and that you are paying attention to the caller’s needs, making your company seem more professional and approachable to larger audiences.
- You are able to set rules for routing the caller to the teammate that is best able to handle the call (skills-based routing). For example, connect the employee with the most product knowledge to the caller needing specifications or match a non-native language speaker with a teammate that can fluently speak the same language.
Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great impression on your callers! Take time to analyze your auto attendant greeting and options today. For more, check out our Ultimate Auto Attendant Guide.