Are you providing customers with the information they need the first time they contact your company? Customers that have to call back to find answers get frustrated. Solving a customer’s issue on the first call can build higher levels of customer loyalty, reduce aggravation, and lead to time and money savings.
Tips for Improving Resolution on the First Attempt
To improve customer satisfaction, it’s important to:
- Have policies and processes readily accessible to employees and customers.
- Train staff so that they are knowledgeable on how to answer customer questions.
- Handle calls efficiently using appropriate escalation and routing techniques.
While it’s easy to summarize these points, it’s more complicated to implement. The good news is that Halloo’s collaborative phone system can help your efforts to improve customer service.
How Can My Virtual Phone System Help?
Your phone system can become a virtual team member for your organization. For example, Halloo’s wide range of tools can help:
- Problem customer service areas. Call histories can be searched and data collected on the types of calls received. By monitoring the reasons customers are calling, training or company policy changes can be made. This can improve your customer service by better satisfying customer needs.
- Internal processes. Pop-up menus inside of Halloo’s business phone system allow staff to share information, including notes on how to redeem a coupon that ran in yesterday’s paper or the caller’s last request. Also, routing features can be used to verify inventory, for example. Your merchandise specialist can be looped into the conversation using instant conferencing allowing the conversation to continue without the customer needing to call back at another time.
- Employee overload. By analyzing call trends, your phone system can be set-up to better utilize your employees’ time. For instance, efficient call routing helps customers reach the correct department immediately. Simple information, such as payment address, can be set up as part of the automated system, via a voice recording. Blind or consultative transfers connect the customer to the right department, so that no one employee has to handle all of the calls into your organization.
- Real time information. With the contact management system included, a customer’s call history pops up on your screen while the call is coming in. This will allow your team mates to be aware of previous conversations before picking up the phone. This knowledge can be used to help resolve the issue.
Customer service is not an exact science. But, tools from Halloo’s cloud phone system, combined with sound policies and knowledgeable staff, can lead to a dramatic increase of satisfied customers. As research has demonstrated over and over again, happy, loyal customers add more to your bottom line.
Are you using Halloo’s phone tools in a creative way? Please let us know how you’re using the system to better satisfy your customers and increase call resolution.