Need more customers to call you? Consider these five tips:
- Add an incentive such as a free gift. Customers like “free.” Plus, you can create urgency by limiting the number of free gifts to the first 100 or 1000 callers. Or, put a time limit the number of days for which the free offer is valid.
- Take the risk out of the purchase decision. Trial periods with easy cancellation policies can tip the scales in favor of trying your product or service. If you have a quality product (or high levels of service), customers will not want to stop use once the trial period expires.
- Make an exclusive offer. By limiting which customers have access to an offer or where a product or service is available, you can help stimulate demand. If customers feel like the product or service might not be available in the future, they’re more likely to take action quickly.
- Offer an upgrade. You can make a potential deal more appealing to a customer if they feel they’re getting additional value. Consider bumping a customer up to “gold” status if they take action within the next 10 days.
- Use Calls-to-Action. Directly state what you’d like your customers to do. For example, call now or sign up today.
Getting customers to call can be tricky, but the tips above can be helpful in driving action. Which combination works best for your business? Do you have other tips you’d like to add to the list?