What’s the worst hold music you have ever listened to?
I found some that people really dislike.
- Hold On by Wilson Phillips
- Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
- This Old Man (Children’s Song)
- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (Orchestral Version)
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins
- Blues Traveler on loop
- Memory from Cats
- Holiday Music
Some people theorize that companies use bad music to encourage customers to hang up before they have to talk to them. I have a different theory. I think companies use music that they think either fits the theme of “please hold” (Hold On, Jeopardy theme, Hold Me Now) or is “safe”.