What is the easiest way to record my voicemail greeting?
To record your voicemail greeting or mailbox name:
- Navigate to the User Settings / Voicemail page.
- Click [Rec.] to open the Record Audio dialog box.
- Click [Dial] to have the Halloo system initiate the call to enable you to
record your greeting.
If you are an Administrator for the account, you may also
record audio for other users and extensions. To do this:
- Navigate to the user’s extension whose greeting you would like to change
- Click on the User Settings > Voicemail tab
- When you click [Record], the Halloo system will call your telephone,
not the number of the extension for which you are recording.
- Make sure that your telephone is ready to receive incoming calls.
We suggest that you use a “landline” telephone, preferrably
not cordless, to ensure the highest quality audio.
- Changing the dialed number in the Record Audio dial box will change your
the forwarding number associated with your extension. Make sure to change it back after you
are done recording, on either the Record Audio window or on the Summary tab of your
- This feature will use standard Halloo plan minutes, so preparing your message
in a written script may be helpful.