Here are five tips you should give to your receptionist.
- Slow down. If someone asks you more than once what you just said, then you are speaking to fast.
- Enunciate. Because the person on the phone cannot see your lips, certain nuances in enunciation are lost.
- Ask for a Number. If you don’t know the answer, ask for the caller’s name and number and tell them that you find the answer and call them back.
- Don’t Be in a Rush. Always make the caller feel like you have a lot of time for them even if it means forwarding a call to a virtual receptionist.
- Smile While You Talk. As crazy as this sounds, the caller can hear it when you have a smile on your face even if you aren’t in a good mood.
These five tips will transform your receptionist from a good to great.