iPhone 4S: Everything you need to know!
The announcement came out this week for the new iPhone 4S in case you live under a rock. This came with a disappointing groan from Apple fans everywhere that were expecting the iPhone 5. But with this update came several pretty fantastic new features. But are these features worth the $199 to $399 price? I want to point out 5 key features that I think small business users will enjoy.
- The new dual-core A5 chip: this means 2x faster processing and enhanced downloads. If you have an iPad2, you have a little experience with this nifty little chip. This will prove invaluable while trying to multitask when you can get so much done in a shorter amount of time.
- Enhanced camera: 8MP to be exact. This means clearer photos. With this also comes a 1080p HD video recorder. And don’t forget about the advanced optics. You can also with the new iOS 5 you can edit photos right on your phone.
- World phone: the best news for world travelers. Being able to use your phone anywhere in the world just got much easier. Now you can roam through GSM networks in over 200 countries. This phone is the first phone that can switch between antennas to transmit and receive so your call quality is outstanding.
- iCloud: being able to have access to everything you need from any Apple device. You can access everything that is in your iTunes without syncing. This includes all documents, voice messages, and purchases. GREAT news for people with limited space on their devices.
- And…drum roll please… Siri!: your own humble, intelligent, personal assistant. This nifty little phone butler is controlled solely by your voice. It can answer many questions such as “Do I need an umbrella today?” and “Where is the nearest Thai food restaurant?” This takes voice recognition software to detect key words in your question to depict an answer. It can also read back messages, answer messages, set reminders, places phone calls, and much more all with your voice. I really recommend going to Apple.com and watching the video to see everything your new assistant can help you with. If you have a Siri app currently, unfortunately this app is getting removed.
Personally, I will be getting the new iPhone 4S. To me, these features and the rest of the enhancements plus iOS 5 make it very worth it. And if you are a Sprint user, you are now Apple-efficient! Sorry T-Mobile. Maybe next year!
Pre-ordering starts tomorrow, October 7th. iPhone 4S will be available October 14th. Let me know here if you will be making the switch!
On a seemingly unrelated note, I want to extend my deepest sympathies to Steve Jobs’ family for this loss. He was such a great innovator and such an inspiration for following your dreams and changing the world! I am wearing jeans and a black turtleneck today in recognition.
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
iPhone 4S – Leave a comment about your take on the new phone!