Study shows that if you get a customer voicemail, you better call them back – fast.
A study conducted by Insidesales.com and MIT Lead Response Management indicates that response time is critical for the success of closing a sale. While the differentiation between B2B and B2C is clear, the overall trend is still startling for both types of sales. The sales leads call-back time study shows a lot of interesting stats and graphs, but the upshot of them is that –
- “The odds of calling to contact a lead decrease by over 10 times in the 1st hour.”
- “The odds of calling to qualify a lead decrease by over 6 times in the 1st hour.”
- “After 20 hours every additional dial your sales people make actually hurts your ability to make contact to qualify a lead.”
- “The odds of contacting a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 100 times.”
- “The odds of qualifying a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 21 times.”
They’re critical to your sales bottom line.